Your privacy is very important to us.
Effective Date: May 1st, 2022
Harmony Is Not A Service For Children
We are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy. Harmony is intended for adults 17 years of age and older and we do not direct any of our content specifically at people under 17 years of age.
In order to comply with U.S. law regarding children under the age of 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in a user’s account if we learn or suspect that the user is under 13 years of age. If you believe that we might have information from or about a child under 13 years of age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, if we learn or have reason to suspect that a Harmony user is under 17 years of age, we may exercise our right to terminate the user’s account.
Where We Store Your Data
When you use Harmony, the information you enter will be sent to and stored in the United States. If you are using Harmony outside the United States, including any part of the European Union, please note that you are expressly agreeing and consenting that your information will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States, where we will treat it as described in this Policy.
How To Protect Your Information
This Policy will explain how we collect and use information. Harmony allows our users to connect and share information with one another through audio and video communication. Harmony is not responsible for the information that is shared between our users. You should always be aware of what information you are sharing and avoid exposing sensitive or personal information. Here are a few ways you can protect the privacy of your information during a Harmony call:
- Never display identifying documents such as a driver’s license, passport, social security card, or other government-issued ID cards.
- Never share banking, checking, credit card, or other financial account information.
- Never share mail that includes sensitive or personal information.
- Never share information about sensitive or personal health or medical conditions.
What Information Do We Collect
Harmony may use registration, online surveys, and other online forms that ask you to provide your name, email, and other contact information. In the future, we may ask for additional information. If you register with Harmony through Apple Inc. (“Sign in with Apple”), then we will collect the information that you allow us to collect from Apple Inc.
We also collect and store data that we need to improve Harmony. Here is more information about the kinds of information we collect, but the specific information we collect will depend on whether you are using our app or visiting our website.
- Device & Traffic Data: Our servers automatically recognize and store your domain names, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses (the number assigned to your device when it accesses the Internet), device identifiers (small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your device), and your device’s name, model number, operating system, and locale. Harmony may also gather anonymous traffic data (for example, the amount of data passing through Harmony at any point in time), that does not personally identify you but may be helpful for improving our business.
- Audio & Video Calls & Other User Content: Harmony allows users to communicate with each other using audio and video calls. We may also allow you to post or share data, media files, or written messages. Audio and video calls and anything else you transmit through the Services are considered “User Content.” We may collect and store User Content.
- Location Data: Harmony must collect precise location data in order for a user to receive and assist with a destination-based Harmony call. We collect this data when the application is running in the foreground or background of the user’s mobile device. Harmony only collects location data if a user enable’s us to do so. Users may use the Harmony app without enabling location data, however, this will affect a user’s ability to receive a destination-based Harmony call. Harmony does not share a user’s location data with any third party or any other Harmony user.
- Cookies & Similar Technologies: We may use standard cookies features of major browser applications, mobile devices, or wearable devices you use to access the Services. We may also use similar technologies when you use our application. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies. These technologies help us learn about the usefulness of our Services. You can choose whether to accept cookies and other web technologies by changing the settings on your browser. If you choose to disable these functions, your experience using the Services may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
- Log Files: When you access the Services, we may automatically record certain log file information, including your request, browser type (when you access our website), referring or exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on our Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails we send you to help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked. The information we collect helps us achieve a better understanding of how our Services are used, and how we can improve them.
- Metadata: Metadata is often technical data associated with User Content that can describe how, when, and by whom User Content was collected and formatted, and where it was created.
- Analytics Data: We may use third party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. Those tools may employ pixels or web beacons that store a small piece of data on your device. These tools collect information sent by your device or the Services to assist us in improving our Services.
How We Use & Share Information
Our goal in using and sharing information is to create better services for our users. Here is how we use and share, or don’t share, the different kinds of information we collect.
- Personal Information: Personal information is information that can identify you, directly or indirectly. We will not sell or share your personal information with any third parties without your consent unless it is necessary to provide you with the Services or to comply with the law. Here is how we may use your personal information: To verify your identity, to check your qualifications, or to follow up with activities initiated on the Services. We may also use your contact information to stay in touch, send newsletters, inform you of any changes to the Services, or to send additional information about Harmony. If a third party needs access to your personal information in order to help us provide a Service, we will only share the information with them under an agreement that does not allow them to use it for any other purpose. We also may share audio or video calls, which may contain personal information, as explained below.
- Audio & Video Calls: We may analyze stored audio and video calls to help us improve Harmony, identify misuse and abuse, and develop new products and services. If we provide audio or video calls to third parties we will anonymize them as much as possible (strip the file of data that could be used to personally identify you). We cannot, however, strip or edit the content of the audio or video call. So if you film yourself, including your location, or verbally provide information on the audio or video call, that information may be shared. If we share audio or video calls with a third party it will be under an agreement that requires the third party to keep the audio or video calls confidential and to never provide them to any other party.
- User Content: As noted, if you disclose personal information in your audio or video calls or other User Content, that personal information may be accessible by Harmony or a third party under the terms of this Policy. If you provide your name, location, imagery, or other information about yourself to others while using the Services, you are choosing to disclose personal information. Harmony is not responsible for the ways in which users or third parties may share, disclose, or handle information that you make available to them. By disclosing personal information in your User Content you expressly give Harmony permission to disclose that information as part of the normal functioning of the Services and as described throughout this Policy.
- Anonymous Information: We sometimes collect and use anonymous information to analyze the Services traffic. In addition, we may use anonymous information to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Services, or to display content according to your preferences. We may also strip your personal information from data about your use of the Services to create anonymized data that we aggregate with that of other users. We may use anonymous and anonymized information for any legal purpose.
- Required Disclosure Of Personal Information: We may disclose personal information if required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the law or comply with any legal process served on Harmony or any parent company, subsidiary, or affiliate, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Harmony or the users of the Services, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Services.
- Sale Of Harmony: If Harmony or substantially all of its assets are acquired, user information, including personal information, will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer. If a company that acquires Harmony gets access to your information, it will be bound by this Policy in its treatment of all such information.
Access To Your Information
If you would like us to review, change, or delete the information we collect about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
Harmony has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to absolutely prevent any such loss or misuse to you or to any third party.
Areas We Do Not Or Can Not Control
There are some parts of the Services where we cannot or do not control the flow of information:
- Third Party Services: The Services may contain links to other websites and services, and you may use other services to sign in to Harmony. If you choose to visit or use other websites or services, we are not responsible for their content or privacy practices. It is your responsibility to review the applicable privacy policies to confirm that you understand and agree with them.
Updates & Changes
From time to time, we may add to, change, update, or modify this Policy. If we change the Policy in a way that affects how your data will be used or the permissions you grant to Harmony, we will notify you and ask that you review the new Policy. At that time, you can elect to accept the new policy and continue using the Services, or you can stop using the Services. Your continued use of the Services after a change will constitute your agreement to the new terms. We may not notify you of changes that do not affect how your data will be used or the permissions you grant us. We ask that you review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.